A vastly superior level of student support.
A student’s support needs can be as individual as their learning capability. Kells provides support that anticipates the needs and embraces a student’s issues in keeping with his or her individualized learning program.
Our complete support services:
- Resource specialist on-site to provide in-class or pull-out support when necessary; always following the course curriculum.
- Providing students with an Individual Education Plan (I.E.P) when necessary.
- On site tutorial services during and after school hours.
- Resource time for students who need extra assistance.
- Close collaboration with outside professional services as needed.
- A Special Education consultant available for parents and students.
- Providing extended time, separate setting, and assistive technology (WordQ/Antidote) for examinations where psychological assessment indicates the need.
- The use of technology including iPads and laptops from Secondary I-V, Smartboards, and assistive technology.
- School assignments found on the online Portal and/or Google Classroom.
- After school programs: Homework program and mentorship program (Peer Tutoring).
- Additional ESL and Math help after school.
- Elementary-to-High School, and High School-to-College transition teams.
- A Guidance counselor to facilitate CEGEP and university admissions.
- Our guidance counselor is available to meet with students and parents as it relates to a student’s socioemotional well-being, academics, as well as postsecondary guidance. Our guidance counselor meets one-on-one with students, as well as prepares and delivers workshops to classes as a whole. Guidance services are available on a drop-in basis or by appointment.