Kells Elementary is seeking an innovative creative teacher with a passion for supporting young students in second language learning. The candidate must be able to develop a differentiated practice in the classroom. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of individual learning differences and a belief that with appropriate instruction all students can be successful. Candidates must include a copy of their valid Quebec Teaching Permit.
- Understand and apply the curriculum objectives, protocols and culture of Kells Academy
- Prepare, coordinate and instruct in accordance to MEES
- Incorporate technology in the classroom
- Communicate regularly with administration, parents and students regarding student progress
- Undergraduate degree in education with FSL specialization
- Quebec Teaching Permit
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in both French and English
- Be up to date on the most recent advances in technology in the classroom
We are currently seeking a certified elementary teacher for an immediate full time replacement position.
- Strong ability in differentiation – recognize and respond to each student’s specific requirements
- Ability to adapt or modify curriculum as per an IEP
- Knowlege of the QEP with the ability to use various techniques and approaches to create meaningful lessons
- Ability to assess, evaluate and monitor student progress and provide feedback
- Experienced in integrating technology in the classroom and using Google Classroom
- Familiar with distance learning
- Effective classroom management skills using a positive discipline approach
- Strong English language skills (oral & written)
- Excellent record of communication with parents
- Flexible, creative, organized, energetic and engaging
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others
We thank you for your interest in Kells Academy. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.