Kells Academy Summer School offers an exceptional summer learning experience and is the referral choice of leading English private and public schools across the Montreal region. Through a highly individualized approach, small class sizes, and the close attention of experienced professional educators, our Summer School ensures that students successfully manage the potentially stressful demands of summer programs. Providing students with a welcoming and inspiring environment, Kells consistently delivers remarkable results.
When you send your child to Summer School at Kells, we evaluate your child's report cards and their skills to create a personalized, small-group learning experience. We work with your child to strengthen skills and build understanding in key academic areas. Our teachers differentiate lessons to meet your child's needs, using multimedia, hands-on technology including Smartboards.
You can be confident that your child will benefit from our teachers' expertise and understanding for students with different learning needs. At Kells, we make sure that students receive the accommodations they need, whether it's in the classroom or during exams. We use assistive technology and online services, and our teachers work to build student independence by incorporating study skills into the program.
We know that self-confidence and learning go hand-in-hand.
Summer success starts at Kells.
Irene Woods Director
Small Group Programs & Credit Courses Offered
- Classes are 2.5 hours per day, Monday to Thursday July 3rd-20th
- Exam Week (Credit Courses): July 24th-28th
- Small group classes for Grades 1-9 (maximum 6 students per group).
- Credit Course Reviews for Grades 10 and 11 (maximum 16 students per group)
- Grade 10 Math Bridge course from CST (Cultural, Social & Technical) to S (Scientific)
- Grade 10 Science Bridge course from ST (Science & Technology) to EST (Environmental Science & Technology)
- **Students registering for either Bridge course must have at least 80% in their current course and a letter of reference from their school.
- Private tutorials (1:1) available in core subjects (English, French, Mathematics) (Cost: $60 per hour)The cost for credit course (Gr. 10 & 11) is $525 per course
- The cost for non credit course (Gr. 1-9) is $650 per course
- Cancellation fee: there is a minimum indemnity fee of $100 if the student is registered but cancels two weeks before the class starts. If cancellation is received less than two weeks before the class starts there is a minimum indemnity fee of $200. If cancellation is received after the program has started, the student will be charged for the time spent in the program, plus the $200 indemnity fee.
Kells Academy Language Adventure Summer Camp:
Courses are designed to provide an opportunity for concentrated instruction to students interested in gaining proficiency in English.
The emphasis is placed on an improvement in spoken English but appropriate supplementary study is given in writing, reading and comprehension skills.
Students are placed at the appropriate level in a class of 8-10 students. The classes are small enough to provide more individual attention and yet the groups are large enough to maintain a positive class spirit. Students receive approximately 4 hours of instruction per day. In the afternoons, various sports and activities will be organized for the students as these are an integral part of the summer camp experience.
Dates: July 3rd-28th, 2017
Times: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday
Fees include: Camp T-shirt and group photo, approximately 20 hours of instruction per week, bus transportation for excursions, sports activities, cultural trips and excursions, morning and afternoon healthy snack, delicious and nutritious lunch.