Kells Academy is seeking Residence Supervisors for the 2017-18 academic year to support up to 40 out of town students ages 12 to 18. Successful candidates for this position should have a positive disposition with enthusiasm, excellent communication skills, and a good understanding of children’s welfare. The Residence Supervisor works closely with others as a team, aiding in the logistics of managing the active supervision of the boarding students.
Key ResponsibilitiesReporting to the Residence Manager, the Residence Supervisor:
- Establishes and maintains a positive residence community which supports and encourages academic success, personal growth, and development.
- Provides supervision and care to youth, including meal preparation as required.
- Assists in all aspects of residential care for students to ensure adequate personal hygiene, completion of chores, homework, and other required activities.
- Reports any disciplinary issues or concerns to the Residence Manger.
- Mediates disputes among residence students both expeditiously and fairly.
- Ensures that student rooms, common area, and dining area are tidy.
- Monitors signing-in and signing-out of residence students.
- Background in child and youth care, social work, teacher’s assistant, camp counseling, coaching, or a related field.
- Leadership experience in a residence environment or equivalent.
- Experience supervising others.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- CPR Certification considered an asset.
- Afternoons, evenings, weekends.
We thank you for your interest in Kells Academy. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.